Chiropractic Care has many benefits
The new year is the perfect time to reflect on your lifestyle and make a few changes to improve your health. Adding chiropractic treatments to your healthy living regimen can help you avoid illnesses and injuries or manage the symptoms of chronic conditions. More than just a treatment for aches and pains, chiropractic care offers a natural way to stay healthy.
How Chiropractic Care Can Help You
Chiropractors treat subluxations, spinal misalignments that not only cause pain and stiffness but also press on the nerves in your spinal column. Your nervous system plays an important role in your health. Nerves travel to every part of your body and send and receive signals from your brain and spinal cord. If any part of the nerve signal transmission process is disrupted, bodily systems and functions can be affected. Fortunately, your chiropractor can help you protect your health with treatments that correct subluxations and relax your muscles and joints. Benefits of chiropractic care include:
- Fewer Illnesses: Chiropractic treatments may reduce the number of colds and illnesses you experience this year. Subluxations can affect your ability to produce antibodies, proteins that kill bacteria and viruses. Correcting subluxations is an easy way to boost your immune system and avoid illnesses.
- Better Sleep: Insomnia may seem like a minor complaint, yet poor sleep can affect every aspect of your health. In fact, sleep issues may increase your risk of stroke, diabetes, and heart and kidney disease, according to the National Heart, Blood and Lung Institute. Chiropractic care eases stress, muscle tension, and pain, helping you get a restful night’s sleep.
- Lower Blood Pressure: Correcting subluxations in your neck may be beneficial to your blood pressure levels. Patients with high blood pressure who had neck subluxations experienced a significant decrease in blood pressure after receiving spinal manipulation treatment during a Chicago research study. Blood pressure readings continued to be lower even eight weeks after treatment.
- Less Spine Pain: Years of wear and tear may affect your spine as you grow older, causing arthritis, disc problems, spinal stenosis, and other conditions. Chiropractic treatment improves joint and muscle movement, enhances range of motion, and decreases pressure on the nerves that can cause pain. Treatment can also prevent scar tissue and adhesions from forming and improve your balance, helping you avoid falls.
- Improved Control of Chronic Health Conditions: Scheduling regular visits to the chiropractor may help reduce the number of migraines you get or decrease fibromyalgia symptoms.
- Improved Breathing: Good nerve health is also essential for optimum lung function. When your spinal column is properly aligned, it may be easier to take deep breaths. Lung inflammation and asthma symptoms may also decrease.
- Less Stress and More Energy: It’s difficult to relax when your muscles are tight and painful. Chiropractic treatments ease your pain and may help lower your stress level. Fatigue caused by mild to severe chronic pain may stop you from enjoying life and participating in your favorite activities. Once your pain is eliminated or reduced, you just may discover that your energy level rebounds.
Is “improve my health” on your list of things to do? Keeping your health will be much easier if you make chiropractic care part of your life. Contact us at 623-878-1133